Swiss Cultural Programme Romania
ArtistNe(s)t is a new project of the Swiss Cultural Programme by Pro Helvetia and the Swiss Development Cooperation SDC.
ArtistNe(s)t creates a Artists-in-Residence Programme in four Cultural Centers in Romania.
ArtistNe(s)t supports the creative activities of artists and researchers open to innovation and cooperation in the disciplines: visual art, literature, theatre and dance.
ArtistNe(s)t encourages the dialogue between Romanian and foreign artists.
The Swiss Cultural Programme Romania invites artists to apply for a residence in 2007.
Locations: 4 Cultural Centres in Romania
(For more information, please go to www.artistnest.ro)
· Cultural Centre Arcus
· Cultural Centre «George Apostu», Bacau
· Cultural Centre «Rosetti Tescanu-George Enescu», Tescani
· European Cultural Centre Sinaia
Number of residencies
Duration of each residence
Period for ArtistNe(s)t residences in 2007
May 1 to 31
two residences in each centre
Residencies address the following disciplines
Visual arts Sinaia
The 8 residences in 2007 are addressed to 4 Romanian and 4 foreign Artists, so that there will usually be two resident artists in one Centre, one Romanian and one from another country.
The residences at the Cultural Centres allow resident artists:
– to work on a proposed project (production or research project) and to present it at the end of the residence,
– to become familiar with the work of the other resident artist,
– to exchange knowledge and ideas,
– to work on a common project and/or a project involving local participants (e.g. actors from local theatres, students etc.)
The resident artists are also offered opportunities to get in contact with the local cultural scene through visits to cultural institutions in the area, meetings with local artists, attending performances, exhibitions etc.
Each residence programme will include a workshop/lecture/reading for the local community.
In each Centre two project coordinators and an artistic coach will support these activities.
Criteria of selection
– Professional artist with at least three years of experience in the respective field of work
– Interest in developing innovative artistic work within a foreign cultural context
– Work/research on the specific local context are particularly welcome
– Working knowledge of English
Living and working conditions
– individual studio at artist’s disposal
– working space
– free use of computer and internet
Artists will receive:
o a monthly grant of CHF 1200.– for food, local travel and other related costs; this grant is subject to a 16% tax;
o a production budget of CHF 1000.– for the realization and presentation of the proposed project;
o a return ticket from/to the place of the residence (a maximum of 600 CHF for the artists from other countries).
The medical insurance for the time of the residence is in the artist's charge.
Visa costs for Romania are in the artist’s charge.
The resident artists must spend a minimum of 2/3 of the allocated residence time at the Centres.
– Application forms are available on the site www.artistnest.ro
– Applications have to include a proposal for a project to be realised during the residence, the artist’s CV and some documentation about artist’s work
– Application deadline: 15th January 2007
– Applications should be sent by post to the address: Swiss Cultural Programme Romania, 16-20 Grigore Alexandrescu str., 010626 Bucharest, Romania
The selection of the artists will be done by a jury formed of Romanian professionals representing all theatre, dance, literature and visual arts fields.
For additional information please contact
Gabriela Tudor, Programme Officer
Swiss Cultural Programme Romania
Str. Grigore Alexandrescu 16-20, etaj 5
Tel. 021 206 16 72
Tel. 0722 806 307
Contemporary Art Romania